6 Mil | 4 Year | Thermal Diffused Film
Durability, Energy Savings, Plus Condensation Control
Dura-Film® Thermax™ combines outstanding thermal qualities and exceptional condensation control properties in one revolutionary, diffused greenhouse film. The modified outer layer of the film safeguards condensation control integrity by providing directionality.
- Outstanding thermal properties keep the heat in by reducing radiant heat loss. Heaters cycle less often and consume less energy to maintain a set temperature; a combination that offers potential energy savings of 15-20%.
- Directional condensation control ensures the additive migrates to the surface facing the crop. This not only controls drips, but maintains light transmission and enhances thermal benefit.
- Diffused light reaches plants from many different angles while par light transmission remains the same, optimizing light distribution in all parts of the greenhouse.
- Diffusion helps protect plants from sunburn. Light is even, not intense.
- High strength at folds means higher resistance to punctures and tears.
- Increased tear and stiffness provide superior strength so Dura-Film® Thermax™ handles years of snow and wind loads.
- Increased film stiffness makes the film easier to install in greenhouse applications.
- Bee compatibility feature allows more of the UV spectrum to pass through the film, making it easier for bees to navigate and achieve more efficient pollination than with mechanical means.
Research shows that a properly inflated double poly-covered greenhouse can save the grower over 40% in heating costs compared to a single layer of glazing. What is less well known is that using a thermal film as one of the layers can result in an additional 15-20% heating cost saving.
During the day, the greenhouse structure, plants, and soil absorb energy due to both visible and infrared light from the sun. At night, heat is released in the form of long-wavelength infrared radiation (IR) to the cooler outside air. Thermal films transmit less IR energy as radiant heat.
Thermicity is a measure of the transmission of IR through a film. The lower the thermicity, the lower the transmission of IR and the lower the heat loss. Incorporating an effective condensation control additive into Thermax™ causes condensing water to spread out into a uniform sheet on the interior surface of the film. This thin sheet of water is also absorbed in the long-wavelength IR region, meaning it acts as an additional barrier to radiant heat, i.e. enhances thermicity. The table below provides comparative data for RPC BPI Agriculture films of the same gauge:
Download the product guide.
7 Layer Smart Structure Technology
Agriculture products featuring the new 7 Layer Technology: AgFlex Grain and Silage Bags, Premium Silage Sheeting, SmartSeal bunker sheets, AgriPac fertilizer bags.
Horticulture products featuring the new 7 Layer Technology: Super4, Luminance, Thermax, and Panda.